Spain’s residency law 2020 is the law established by the Spanish authorities to regulate the process of immigration and residency in Spain, as some people follow illegal methods that enable them to reside in Spain, and in general the residency law in Spain is one of the flexible laws that do not put major obstacles to immigrants. Whether it is legal or illegal immigration, as long as the person who is there is able to fulfill the residency requirements.
Spain residency law 2021
The special laws regarding residency in Spain stipulate the granting of a certain period of residence according to the type of visa obtained by this person, and the residency varies from temporary to permanent, and both types will be identified through the next few lines, so follow us ..
1. Temporary residence in Spain
To obtain permanent residency, you must obtain a Schengen visa in Spain, which guarantees you the advantage of moving between all Schengen countries throughout the validity period of your visa, provided that the period of stay does not exceed 90 days in all the countries you went to.
2. Permanent residence in Spain
You can obtain permanent residency in Spain if your stay in Spain and all Schengen countries lasts for five years, and you can obtain permanent residence according to the residency law in Spain 2020 in various ways, including, marrying a Spanish citizen legally, or investing or establishing a company in Spain, or Study in Spain, then transfer to a suitable job and renewal of residency until permanent residence is obtained.
Steps to obtain a Schengen visa in Spain
- In the beginning, you must know that the people who are eligible to obtain temporary or tourist visas are: students for the purpose of obtaining a short educational course, those who want tourism or visit relatives there, university professors who want to give lectures there, people who want to receive treatment, businessmen to attend meetings With business partners in Spain.
If you are one of these, you must start the procedures for obtaining a Schengen visa in Spain, go to the official website of the visa section, download the visa application form and record all the required data.
- Upload a recent personal photo that matches the criteria set by the embassy.
- Pay all the visa fees of 80 euros for adults, and 40 euros for children from 6 years old to 12 years old.
- Determine the date of the personal interview at the consulate.
- Prepare the necessary papers to obtain the visa, and go to meet the employee in charge of the Spanish consulate or embassy in your country.
But you should know that the residency law in Spain 2020 does not allow those with temporary residency to conduct business there, but if you can search for a suitable job secretly and obtain the approval of the employer, here you can apply for a work residency in Spain.
What are the advantages of permanent residence according to the residency law in Spain 2021
When you can obtain permanent residence in Spain according to one of the methods mentioned above, you can get several important benefits.
Permanent residency guarantees that you will behave like any Spanish citizen, and you have the same benefits Spanish citizens get, such as the right to free pre-university education.
After a period of five years in Spain as a permanent resident, you can obtain Spanish citizenship.
Access to free integrated health care.
You can work for an employer in Spain, or establish your own business like any other citizen of Spain, according to the conditions in the Spanish residency law 2020.